Prof. Rajiv Krishna Saxena
Vice President, South Asian University &
Dean, Faculty of Life Sciences and Biotechnology
South Asian University (A Joint Venture of SAARC Countries),
Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 (India)
Professor of Immunology, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi
Dean, School of Life Sciences, JNU
Pro-Vice Chancellor, JNU, New Delhi
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
CV in PDF format | Brief CV in MS Word format
South Asian University
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Interview with Mint Newspaper (Indian Wall Street Journal) on toxicity of nanoparticles:
Selected Recent Papers:
- Bhardwaj N. and Saxena R. K. (2014) Selective loss of younger erythrocytes from blood circulation and changes in erythropoietic patterns in bone marrow and spleen in mouse anemia induced by poly-dispersed single wall carbon nanotubes. Nanotoxicology (in press) (Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25831400)
- Abbas, Z., Puri, N. and Saxena, R.K. (2014) Lipid antigen presentation through CD1d pathway in mouse lung epithelial cells, macrophages and dendritic cells and its suppression by poly-dispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes. Toxicology in vitro (in press) (Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25448806)
- Bhardwaj N. and Saxena R. K. (2014) Elimination of young erythrocytes from blood circulation and altered erythropoietic patterns during paraquat induced anemic phase in mice. PLoS ONE 9(6): e99364
- Alam, A., Sachar, S., Puri, N. and Saxena, R.K. (2013). Interactions of poly-dispersed single walled Carbon Nanotubes with T cells resulting in down regulation of allogeneic CTL responses in vitro and in vivo. Nanotoxicology 7, 1351-1360
- Saxena, R.K., Bhardwaj, N, Sachar, S, Puri, N. and Khandelwal, S (2012) A double in vivo biotinylation (DIB) technique for objective assessment of aging and clearance of mouse erythrocytes in blood circulation, Transfusion Medicine and Hemotherapy 39, 335-341
- Kumari, M., Sachar, S. and Saxena, R.K. (2012) Loss of proliferative and antigen presentation activity following active internalization of poly-dispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes by primary lung epithelial cells PLOS one (in press)
- Sachar, S and Saxena R.K. (2011) Cytotoxic effect of poly-dispersed single walled carbon nano-tubes on mouse erythrocytes. PLOS one 6(7):e22032.
- Kumari, M. and Saxena, R.K. (2011) Relative efficacy of uptake and presentation of BCG antigens by type I mouse lung epithelial cells and peritoneal macrophages. Infection and Immunity Infection and Immunity Aug;79(8):3159-67.
- Saxena, R.K., McClure, M, Hays, M., Green, F.H.Y., McPhee, L.J., Vallyathan, V. and Gilmour, M.I. (2010) Quantitative assessment of elemental carbon in the lungs of never smokers, cigarette smokers and coal miners. J. Toxicol. Environ. Health. 74: 706-715.
- Lalitha, P.V., Biswas, S., Pillai, C.R., Seth, R.K. and Saxena, R.K. (2010) Expression, purification and characterization of allelic variants of MSP-142 from Indian Plasmodium falciparum isolates Vaccine 26: 4528-4535.
- Tong, H., McGee, J.K., Saxena, R.K., Kodavanti, U.P., Devlin, R. , Gilmour, M.I. (2009) Influence of Acid Functionalization on the Cardio-Pulmonary Toxicity of Carbon Nanotubes and Carbon Black Particles in Mice. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 239 :224-32.
- Saxena, R.K., Gilmour, M.I., Schladweiler, M.C., McClure, M., Hays, M. and Kodavanti, U.P. (2009). Differential Pulmonary Retention of Diesel Exhaust Particles in Wistar Kyoto and Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Toxicological Sci. 111:392-401.